2.50 GPA Required for Change of Major for Neuroscience – Translational and Preclinical Neuroscience Track (NRSC-TPC)
- Must have 12 or more graded hours completed at TAMU
- Must have no more than 75 total hours completed (including transfer, dual and AP credit)
- Must have completed the following five (5) required CBK courses with a grade of “B” or better:
- MATH 147 or MATH 151 (Math 2413) or MATH 171
- BIOL 111, CHEM 119 (CHEM 101/111), CHEM 120 (CHEM 102/112), and CHEM 227/237
- AP/IB credits are acceptable
- Prospective students are encouraged to attend a change of major meeting. Contact department for available times. See: https://bims.tamu.edu/future/change-of-major/
- Advising Office is located in VIDI 123; Email: email@example.com
- Note: NRSC-TPC majors must complete all remaining CBK courses with a grade of “C” or better before advancing into upper level major field of study coursework. (CBK courses: MATH 147, 151, 171 or equivalent; BIOL 111 & 112; CHEM 119, 120, 227/237, & 228/238; PHYS 201 & 202 or equivalents.) Additionally, NRSC-TPC majors are expected to complete: VIBS/NRSC 101 and BIOL 213 prior to the end of the second semester after changing majors.
- Note: Students who have three (3) or more semesters of not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will not be considered.
- Note: PSYC DOUBLE MAJORS/DOUBLE DEGREES/NRSC and PSYC MINORS are NOT accepted with BS-NRSC-TPS
Note: All math/science courses from the CBK list must have a grade of “C” or better in each course taken at Texas A&M or a grade of “B” or better in each completed course if taken at a 2-year college in order to be admitted to BIMS upper-level courses.