Please check this page regularly for notices regarding to but not limited to the following:
Job Opportunities, Student Worker Positions
*Please note the date(s) on each announcement as they will be added as we are informed.
*Please note the contact information for each notification as they will be outside of the BIMS Office.
Please find enclosed the announcement for fully-funded PhD student positions at the IMPRS for Molecular Life Sciences in Munich, Germany.
We kindly ask you to communicate this announcement to potentially interested students or to display the poster at the departmental bulletin board.
The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Life Sciences (IMPRS-LS) is a PhD program that brings together two renowned Munich based Max Planck Institutes as well as two leading German universities, the LMU and TUM, to deliver first-class doctoral training to some of the world‘s most promising young scientists.
For more information, eligibility criteria and online application please visit our website: www.imprs-ls.de
Application is open NOW. Closing date for application is November 15, 2021. Accepted candidates may start research projects between March 2022 and October 2022.
Please feel free to contact me at any time in case you have further questions.
Dr. Marta Cipińska
IMPRS-LS | MPI of Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
82152 Martinsried, Germany
phone: +49 89 8578-2432
Posting Number two for On The Bit Farm – Working Student/Internship Position Available At local Dressage/Eventing Show and Training barn.
Bryan horse farm(s) looking for hard working, reliable, observant, dedicated student workers wanting to gain knowledge and experience with horses! Horse experience preferred but we will train those without experience.
Need Interns and Students looking for volunteer hours to start training ASAP and be available to help minimum 2 shifts per week
We have 8-12 horses of a variety of breeds, some are show horses, some are in training, and some are boarders. Owner is a Professional Rider and Trainer/Instructor, National Judge, and Equine Insurance Agent. I have been in the industry over 35 years, have mentored many students, recommended numerous to Veterinary School and gear each interns program to help you observe and learn what you want to achieve!
Students/Interns will gain general and practical experience in handling and working with horses and learn how a horse training and boarding operation runs.
This is a volunteer position but must be taken seriously, Horses are 24/7. We work in extreme conditions with weather and diverse situations. There are two shifts every day. Evenings-approximately 4:30-6:30 pm and mornings- 6:45-9am.
Responsibilities include feeding, leading horses in and out to pastures, cleaning, grooming, checking horses for injuries, basic medical care and treatments, and other work around the farm. For those with experience it can also include more activities like tacking and cooling down horses, laser and other therapies, and possible riding,
Also, student workers/interns are welcome to come out to the farm and observe when veterinarians and other horse professionals are working with horses, including massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, farriers and dentists.
Horses are 24/7. We invest a large amount of time in training students and expect a commitment of a minimum of two semesters but favor on those that stay longer! We have some here 4 years! We will provide a recommendation to vet school after two semesters if appropriate.
All are required to work some on weekends, University Breaks and Holidays!!
Email me if interested in attending a meeting at farm for more information and directions.
Contact Donna Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 979-739-8607-cell
On The Bit Farm Intern Position
About On The Bit Farm – We are an active boarding and training facility specializing in quality instruction, boarding and care for sport horses. We are home to 8-18 horses of many breeds working under saddle in dressage and jumping. We have had interns for over 20 years needing equine experience and they have been rewarded with many acceptances into Veterinary School and references for many positions. I have been involved with horses for 45 years and a have a vast array of experience. I went from working at a racetrack to managing many horse farms, breeding and competition to putting on horse shows up to an Olympic Selection Trial. I continued improving my own riding becoming a nationally recognized competitor along with getting my credentials to be a certified instructor. I became a licensed USEF judge in English and Western Dressage and I currently judge all over the country. I am also an equine insurance agent insuring horses, farms, and liability. I try to gear the program to what you want to learn! We specialize in the development of students who know safe practices and handle horses with confidence and compassion.
Position Overview and Primary Duties/Responsibilities
- General Horse Handling- Safety in haltering, Leading horses to and from pastures, grooming, cleaning and treating hooves.
- holding for vet and farrier
- Feeding horses and remixing grain. Learning proper amounts and body condition scores
- Detecting and Checking horses for wounds, injury, and illness
- Cleaning stalls, barn and paddocks
- Checking, cleaning and refilling of pasture and barn water
- Wrapping and unwrapping legs
- Grooming horses / bathing
- Basic barn management and maintenance
- Observing and reporting problems with farm fencing and stalls
- Care and cleaning of saddle pads / wraps
- Develop ability to observe/assist veterinarians and farriers
- Observe/assist massage therapists, saddlers and equine dentists
- Observe the professional care and training of performance horses
- The correct care, cleaning, assembly and maintenance of equine tack
- Pulling manes and clipping
- Assist administering medical treatments and dewormer
- Assist farriers
- Wrapping legs and treating wounds
- Learn horse anatomy, conformation and detect lameness
- Learn how to detect symptoms of colic
- In depth understanding of barn management
- Ability to tack and cool out horses if experienced
- Access to farm library on horse care and training
- After 1 semester become a shift supervisor with invitation to attend clinics and shows
Requirements and Commitments
- Follow safety protocol
- 2 semester commitment including at least two break periods and holidays (12 Months)
- A minimum of 2 shifts per week (am-6:45-9, pm 5-7 approximate)
- Follow shift calendar and be punctual
- You are required to replace yourself for any shift conflict and communicate the change
- Follow written procedures and oral instructions
- Filling out of Internship application, release form and questionnaire and two references
- Experience in the safe handling of large animals and equestrian business operation
- Opportunity to watch horse training of various levels and instruction of riders
- Learning Equine Rehabilitation techniques
- Networking with Veterinarians, equine dentists, massage therapists, farriers and other horse professionals in the area from all different backgrounds of the equine industry
- Interaction with other students (upper and lower class)
- Hours of service to be counted and recorded for vet school application
- A certificate of completion when all responsibilities have been met for two semesters
- Possible university credit if used as an internship class or towards Equine Certificate
- Possible evaluation for Veterinary School
- Possible reference for other positions
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, Texas, Inc. is offering temporary work opportunities (up to 40 hours per week) for current or recent Graduates in Life Sciences or related fields. We offer a supportive, collaborative environment that encourages development of necessary skills, identify and attain career goals. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience working for an industry-leading biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing organization. The position offers prospects of working experienced scientific personnel on key projects. The duration of the position can be discussed with the supervisor and Human Resources. The temporary position also offers possibilities of translating into a full time position within Fujifilm Diosynth. See job posting below for more details and to apply
|Scientist, Analytical Development|
|FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies|
|100 Discovery Drive, Suite 200|
|College Station, TX 77845|
Integrated Breeders Service is a Bovine Reproductive Service company specializing in semen collection, freezing, storage, artificial insemination, conventional embryo collection and embryo transfer.
Full time temporary/part time positions available for the summer with the opportunity to continue into the fall semester. Some weekend work included.
Summer time duties include: feeding, barn cleaning, facilities maintenance, and inventory. More hands on animal experiences such as semen collections, processing, packaging and storing, will be more available as we move into the fall.
If interested, please call the office at 979-828-5531 and ask for Gretchen or Jeremy
**Please note – we are about a 30 minute drive from campus.
For more information please contact:
Integrated Breeders Service
Student 285/485 Researcher Opening Available
VTPB 285/485 Student Research Positions
Schubot Center for Avian Health
We are looking for a student interested in positive behavior training with parrots encompassing training, videos, documentation and enrichment activities.
9 hours per week for a 3 course credits – Fall 2021
Please email Debra Turner at DDTurner@tamu.edu your resume including estimated graduation date, GPA and course schedule along with a cover letter describing how this course would benefit your future career goals
Are you a recent TAMU graduate looking for a job that can make a difference?
Apply today to be a College Recruitment Adviser with TAMU Advise TX!
Advise TX seeks to increase the number of low-income, first generation and underrepresented Texas students entering and completing post-secondary education. We are accomplishing this mission by placing exceptional recent college graduates from all fields of study on high school campuses as near-peer College Advisers. Advise TX Advisers receive intensive training before serving in a high school, completing a four-week practical curriculum that focuses on college access, college admissions, financial aid, student services, diversity, community service and professionalism.
Email us at AdviseTX@tamu.edu
APPLY TODAY! Jobs.tamu.edu reference number R-036945.
Virtual Mock Interview Day will be on Monday, February 1st from 9am-4pm. It’s time to get ready for virtual career fairs and practice your virtual interview skills with industry and Career Center professionals! Get comfortable with the HireAggies virtual career fair module by using it before a “real” career fair. No dress code is required for this event.
Register to attend at: tx.ag/mockinterview
Action Items for Students to Prepare:
- Create your HireAggies account by selecting the Launch HireAggies button on CareerCenter.tamu.edu
- To RSVP for the event and attend on the day of, go to tx.ag/mockinterview
- Utilize our Virtual Mock Interview Tool in your HireAggies platform to practice before and after the event
If you are unable to attend, you can reach out to the Career Center to schedule a mock interview with your advisor and/or can utilize the Virtual Mock Interview Tool in HireAggies.
We look forward to seeing you virtually!
Sincerely, Your Career Center Team
Bradley Matthews ’13, M.S. | Assistant Director, College of Liberal Arts & Federal Employment
Career Center | Texas A&M University
209 Koldus | 1233 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843
Tel. 979.845.5139 | HireAggies.com
We are looking for students who are interested in pursuing a career in Zoology, Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science, and Pre-Vet. We only have a limited number of slots available this year due to COVID 19. Students who are interested in applying to our unpaid internship can submit their application on our website;
|Internships – Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition Testimonial: TWRC is an unforgettable experience that has taught me a deep appreciation for wildlife animals. It provided a diverse opportunity where you get to be hands-on giving medications, fluids, and tube feeding various animals that you do not get to do anywhere else. www.twrcwildlifecenter.org|
All of our internship experiences are hands-on and are overseen by our trained staff. Throughout their internship, we will offer training in wildlife handling and care, non-profit business practices, and specialized training helping to give them a competitive edge for pursuing their career. Students will learn about our mission to promote environmental conservation through public education and the rehabilitation of Texas wildlife. If you or any students have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Volunteer Coordinator | TWRC Wildlife Center
10801 Hammerly Blvd, #200 | Houston, TX 77043
Student Worker Required
Bio-medical research lab is seeking undergraduate student worker to assist research staff and graduate students with reagent preparation, data entry, general lab maintenance, and other job related duties. The student worker will also get opportunity to learn important molecular biology techniques. This position is year-round, including summer.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and inquiries to email@example.com.
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute Undergraduate Opportunities
We have an outstanding lineup of internships to offer during the 2021 breeding season (January-June) from medicine and field care, to surgery focuses. Attached, please find promotional information regarding the programs. Why consider Hagyard for an internship? Here are just a few reasons why:
- A very high veterinary caseload provides for ample hands-on learning. Students take the information and skills they are learning in the classroom and apply that information in a real world setting.
- Hagyard has been in business for over 140 years and we’ve been offering internships since the 1940’s. The Veterinary Assistant Internship started in 2008 and we’ve had just under 300 students complete the program.
- This is a paid internship with a formal orientation.
- Continuing education is provided and great networking opportunities.