The Department of Hispanic Studies conducts the Spanish Placement Exam for Texas A&M University. It is required for students who do not have AP or dual college credit for Spanish to take the placement exam. However, the Department of Hispanic Studies highly recommends that all students signing up for the Spanish Certificate take the placement exam to determine their level in Spanish.
How do I register for the Spanish Placement Exam?
- In order to use the online payment system for the Spanish Placement Exam, you will need to open an account at http://marketplace.tamu.edu/, the university’s designated web interface for purchasing. It is suggested that you use your neo.tamu.edu email address.
- Once you have created an account, update your profile to the correct billing address. You are then ready to continue shopping.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a drop down menu that reads SELECT A STORE. Select HISPANIC STUDIES.
- Once in the store interface, you will two boxes, Spanish Placement Exam – Native Speakers and Spanish Placement Exam – Second Language. Select the appropriate option using the questions provided in the exam descriptions.
- Complete all fields requested on the form. Any fields left blank may cause delays confirming your registration.
- Provide your requested day and time for the appropriate test.
- Pay $30 with a Visa credit card, MasterCard credit card, or debit card. If you are unable to make payment in this form, please contact Sheera Helms at email@example.com for assistance.
- After payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation page and an email. Please print both pages for your records.
- Contact the Department of Hispanic Studies to confirm the exam time and date. To do so, see Amber Warner in Room 205 in the Academic Building, call at 979-458-0672, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Have your printed confirmation and ID available.
- If you need to cancel your exam, contact Amber Warner at email@example.com at least three (3) business days prior to the date of the exam for a refund.
Important Note: If you are registered for an exam and you do not show up, your card will still be charged.
All the information regarding registration for the test is available at our Placement Test Instruction page on our site.
Students should also go to the Placement Test page on our site, for information on who needs to take the test and who is exempt from taking it, as well as which test to take, and other useful information.