The BIMS Research Certificate, offered by the Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology, provides students the opportunity to gain advanced training in biomedical research. Students in the certificate program will gain a broader understanding of the creation, evaluation, and dissemination of new knowledge while performing publishable, original biomedical sciences research within a research-intensive community.
The BIMS Research Certificate Program requires a minimum of 18-credit hours in designated courses, each of which includes engagement in inquiry-based research. Specific certificate requirements are available in the BIMS Office and the Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology.
Courses in the program include:
- VTPP 123 Foundations of Physiology
- VTPP 223 Design of Experiments in for Physiology Research
- VTPP 224 In Vitro Experimentation in Physiology Research
- VTPP 234 Design of Models for Physiology Research
- VTPP 235 Analysis and Validation of Models for Physiology Research
- Research 285/291/485/491 with Faculty Mentor
- VTPP 444 Practicum in Biomedical Research