Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The office is closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm daily for lunch.
Spring Advising Schedule
Drop-ins Only – No Appointment is needed!
Check into Navigate on a computer:
- Go to Check-in link
- Click on Schedule an Appointment
- View Drop-in times
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule? – use the drop-down to select, Advising Texas A&M University Service – College of Arts and Science
- Select AT – General Advising in the drop-down menu under the College of Arts and Sciences
- Find available times
- AT- BIMS
- Check in by choosing “First Available.”
Check into Navigate on the app:
- Click on the Purple Icon
- Schedule an Appointment
- Scroll down to view drop-in times
Steps 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are the same as above.
Virtual Drop-Ins :
Visit us in the Academic Building Rm. 228. Please check into Navigate upon arrival.
*Students will be seen on a first come first serve basis.
Please be aware that wait times may increase during peak advising.
Questions may also be emailed to our advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To expedite your appointment please come prepared with all of your questions and concerns.
- Please send any forms that you will need signed or processed to email@example.com before logging onto the zoom.
Important Q Drop Information:
- Q-drops are now submitted online through your Howdy portal.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor through Drop-Ins.
- CALL FINANCIAL AID: your course will not be dropped unless you have spoken with Financial Aid first: 979-845-3236. – NOTE: Q-dropping may adversely impact financial aid, eligibility for tuition rebate, eligibility as a dependent for insurance coverage, veteran’s benefits, athletic eligibility, scholastic probation, eligibility for extracurricular activities and some types of employment, etc.
- Student-Athletes (including practice players, managers, and trainers) have received guidance from Athletics on drop procedures. Please follow this guide and leave extra time for signature routing.
- International students NEED to receive prior approval from ISS (international student services) before dropping below full-time.
Important Information & Dates
- Students will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be seen based on your Navigate check-in and zoom admittance. Please be aware that wait times may increase during peak advising. Services we can assist with at this time include Spring 2022 Schedules, Final Degree Audit, Holds, and Q-Drop WITH Advising.
- To expedite your appointment please come prepared with all of your questions and concerns so we can answer them during your appointment.
- Please send any forms that you will need signed or processed to firstname.lastname@example.org before logging onto zoom.
- Questions may also be emailed to our advisors at BIMS@tamu.edu
- Please follow our website for changes: https://bims.tamu.edu/current/advisingappointments/
- For Virtual Appointments check into Navigate by clicking here, Check-In. Selecting First Available Advisor. Then log onto zoom. This is for Q Drop Appointments or Campaign Appointments (Thursday-Friday).
- Must use your NetID and Password for Zoom. It will require your @tamu.edu email address to authenticate you for advising sessions (You may do this through your howdy portal).
- Students! You will be emailed weekly with any updates, changes, and reminders. Please make sure you are using this information to see our messages.
- Did you know that with the move to Microsoft 365, you may need to make sure your filters are working properly for receipt of TAMU Emails? Information can be found here: https://it.tamu.edu/microsoft-365/resources/help-documentation.php Pay particular attention to the heading that is titled “NEW FEATURES” with subheadings “FOCUSED INBOX” and “JUNK EMAIL FILTER”. Emails from TAMU and BIMS in particular are getting put into the “other” and “junk” boxes after the move. You can correct this using the helpful links on the webpage. (For those on Google please also check your spam folder for important information that is filtered from Microsoft 365 users to Google users).